Features of diagrams.net and draw.io
Keep your diagram data secure
diagrams.net and our draw.io apps for various platforms do not store your diagram data - our editor is a unique security-first diagramming tool.
We participate in the huntr.dev bug bounty program to ensure a high level of professional scrutiny and data security.
Diagram wherever you want
Use whichever cloud platform you prefer to store your diagram files: Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, DropBox, GitHub/GitLab, in your browser, or on your device.
No account needed - your diagrams are not locked behind an account.
Use diagrams.net in your browser and on mobile and touchscreen devices.
Integrate diagrams with other software
Store and work with diagrams in Atlassian Confluence and Jira with our draw.io apps. External collaborators don’t need to join your instance, they can view and edit shared diagram files in diagrams.net - no account or diagram format conversion needed.
Embed diagrams in other applications with our draw.io and diagrams.net add-ons:
Plus, many more 3rd-party integrations are available because we are open source.
Advanced: See how to embed the diagrams.net editor in your own application.
Collaborate in real-time with shared cursors
Multiple editors see changes synchronised in real time using Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive, DropBox, and draw.io in Confluence.
Everyone collaborating on a diagram can see exactly what everyone else is doing.
Easy-to-use diagram editor
diagrams.net and and our draw.io apps work just like the office and drawing tools you are used to using.
Diagram your way: Find your favourite editor theme - a simple online whiteboard, floating tool panels, dark mode, or the standard diagramming software layout. You can also switch the editor to use your language.
Import and export: Drag and drop a file to import a diagram, including many other diagram formats and continue editing. Publish and export to many formats.
Many advanced and helpful tools are built into the diagram editor.
- Use the infinite canvas, rulers, customisable grid and positioning guidelines to help you diagram faster.
- Let auto-layouts format flowcharts and tree diagrams for you.
- Organise your diagram with layers and tags. Set shape properties, metadata and placeholders to add translations, tooltips, links, and interactive actions.
- Sketch and comment with freehand shapes.
- Create your own custom shapes and custom shape libraries.
- Format text with HTML and use mathematics typesetting in labels.
- Generate diagrams text using PlantUML or Mermaid code, CSV spreadsheet data and formatting information, or SQL code.
- Customise the editor to set a specific palette, custom fonts, templates, shape libraries, and more.
Tip: If you use draw.io in Confluence, you can mass import all the Gliffy diagrams in your instance in one step.
Create a wide range of diagrams
Our shape libraries let you create whatever type of diagram you need:
Browse our example diagram and template gallery for more diagram types.