Use diagrams.net with Google Drive
Google Drive is a popular cloud platform for storing and sharing files. It’s ideal for collaborative diagramming and diagrams.net add-ons are available for the Google Workplace apps - Google Docs, Google Slides and Google Sheets.
Start diagramming in Google Drive now
Authorise diagrams.net to use Google Drive
After you have selected Google Drive as your storage location for diagram files, you may be prompted to authorise diagrams.net to allos access to the files stored there.
- Click Authorise, then log into your Google Drive account.
- Click Allow to grant diagrams.net (draw.io) permission to Add itself to Google Drive.
- Click Allow to grant permission to View and manage Google Drive files and folders that you have opened or created with this app.
- Click Allow to confirm your choices.
Learn about the permissions diagrams.net needs for Google Drive and Google Workplace
Note: If you sign out of your Google Drive account, you will be prompted to sign back in when your diagram is saved, but you won’t need to authorise diagrams.net again. If you are having trouble, follow these steps to fix connection issues with diagrams.net in Google Drive.
- Once you are logged into Google Drive, and you have authorised diagrams.net to use your account, go to app.diagrams.net to start diagramming.
- Click Create New Diagram to start a new diagram, or Open Existing Diagram to browse to a diagram file stored in your Google Drive account and open it.
Create a new diagram from within Google Drive
You can also create new diagrams directly from your within your Google Drive account, instead of opening diagrams.net first.
- In Google Drive, click New or right-click anywhwere on your file list.
- Select More > diagrams.net to create a new diagram.
- Edit the Diagram Name, select a template from the template library, or use the Blank Diagram, then click Create to open it in the diagrams.net editor.
Work with diagrams in Google Drive
Double click on a file to open an existing diagram file in the diagrams.net editor or import a diagram into Google Drive.
To allow non-Google users to see your diagram, you can publicly publish it. Alternatively, encode the diagram as a link to share with people online.
Work with revisions of diagrams stored in Google Drive - this tracks all changes made to your diagram by all authorised Google Drive users.
Use diagrams.net inside Google Workplace (G Suite) apps
Embed diagrams in documents, slides and sheets with the diagrams.net add-ons for Google Workplace apps. Using the diagrams.net add-ons means you don’t need to manually export an image and update it in your document every time you edit your diagram. Simply use the Add-ons menu and update all of your embedded diagrams at once.