Export a diagram to an SVG image
- Click File > Export As > SVG.
- Change the export settings to suit your requirements.
- Choose the Zoom factor, set a Border width around your diagram, and enable the checkboxes if you want a Transparent Background, a Shadow on your shapes, or to include the Grid of the drawing canvas.
- If you only want to export the shapes and connectors that are currently selected, enable the Selection only checkbox.
- Enable Embed Images to include image components, such as clip art, into the SVG.
- Make sure the checkbox to Include a copy of my diagram is selected if you want to be able to open your diagram and edit it again when you import the SVG file into diagrams.net.
- By default Links will open following the viewer’s browser preferences. Select a different behaviour if you want links to always open in a new tab or a new browser window.
- Click Export and select the location to save your SVG file.
Note: If you want to add your exported SVG diagram to an online platform that does not support foreign objects in SVG files, you can disable Text Formatting and Word Wrap on all text elements in your diagram.